Providers Practice Prevention
KCP is nationally recognized for its "Providers Practice Prevention" professional education offerings. These free online courses contain state-of-the-art information to improve cancer prevention, detection, and treatment.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence in Kentucky Hospitals (2nd Edition). (FREE CE/CME Credit). Provides examples of how to successfully deliver brief bedside interventions for all patients who use tobacco, regardless of willingness to quit. It addresses medications for cessation and withdrawal relief. It is designed for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, tobacco cessation specialists, hospital administrators, supervisors and support staff. Treating Tobacco Use Online Course.
- Smoking Cessation for Pregnancy and Beyond: A Virtual Clinic (4.5 FREE CE/CME Credits). An online course to help health care professionals assist female patients in quitting smoking, in particular, patients who are pregnant or in their child bearing years. Health care professionals include physicians, physician assistants, nurse-midwives, registered nurses, licensed practical/vocational nurses, nurse practitioners, certified health educators, other health educators, pharmacists, health professional students, and other professionals who may interact with women of reproductive age. Virtual Clinic.
- Quick Reference Guide for Health Care Providers: Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment in Kentucky. This guide to breast and cervical cancer screening and treatment for low income women was developed by the Kentucky Cancer Program for Kentucky health professionals. The Kentucky Women's Cancer Screening Program funds breast and cervical cancer screening for low income women at a low or reduced cost through local health departments and contract providers. Some women may qualify for services at no cost. Women needing treatment for breast or cervical cancer, or precancer of the breast or cervix, may be eligible for treatment funded through Kentucky Medicaid Services Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program.
- KCP KY.TRAIN.ORG Courses. Online courses sponsored by KCP cover topics related to breast and cervical screening and treatment. they are developed in partnership with the Kentucky Department for Public Health. KY.TRAIN.ORG.
- Kentucky LEADS Collaborative - Lung Cancer Education, Awareness, Detection, and Survivorship.